Benefits to your muscular system:
- Massage increases the blood supply and nutrition to your muscles.
- Massage helps your muscles recover more quickly from exertion and fatigue.
- Massage relaxes your muscles, effectively reducing spasms, tension and cramping.
- Massage reduces and breaks down adhesions (knots) and fibrosis.
- Massage stretches your connective tissue.
- Massage helps to re-establish your proper muscular tone.
- Massage reduces your muscle and soft tissue pain.
- Massage supports increased work capacity and encourages your metabolism.
- Massage helps to prevent muscular atrophy (wasting from injury and paralysis).
- Massage improves the circulation and nutrition of the joints and helps increase your range
of joint movement.
- Massage reduces joint strain and compression through releasing tight muscles and tendons.
- Massage increases the ease and efficiency of your movements.
- Massage helps to increase the retention of nitrogen, phosphorous, and sulphur in the bones
and this aids in fracture healing.